Tombstone Tuesday - Quivey

Tuesday, July 6, 2010



For Tombstone Tuesday this week I decided to do another missing headstone. This is at the Hazelwood Cemetery in Grinnell, Iowa.

Here is the resting place of my Gr Gr Grandparents Amy (Drake) and David H Quivey. As you can see, Amy's headstone is on the left and the one on the right is just the base for David H Quivey with the headstone missing. I checked with the cemetery and yes - this is where David is buried. He died of typhoid fever at the age of 29, leaving Amy with five children. Amy never did remarry.

I've also included a marriage certificate for them.

David H Quivey B 1850 in New York, M September 2, 1873 in Montezuma, Iowa D August 1, 1880 in Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa at the age of 29.

Amy (Drake) Quivey B January 16, 1849 in Barry Woodford, County, Illinois D March 13, 1900 in Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa at the age of 51.

I have wondered for some time what their life was like.

0 comments: