A Reader Survey - Favorite Genealogy Websites

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings put out a new survey.

This week the question is:

Genealogists today use websites all the time for their research. Rank the following websites in the order of their importance to you in your research: Here are mine.

Ancestry - very very useful to me.
Google Reader - I use this all the time.
USGenweb - The county areas are very useful and I have found good information there.
MyHeritage - this is my main genealogy database. I like the smart matches and maps.
Family Search - Very helpful.
Findagrave - I love Find a Grave. It is fantastic. The members on there are great too.
Rootsweb - Helpful for forums and such
Worldvitalrecords
Although I have a paid subscriptin, I do not use this as often as I could. Have been able to dig up some newspaper articles of relatives otherwise unable to find.

Others I enjoy:

Genealogywise and the help and support you get there.
Footnote - Although I am signed up, I do not have a paid subscription. Have taken advantage of the Civil War and Revolutionary War Free blocks of time they gave recently. That was really neat.

0 comments: