We're getting married August 31st!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Wedding Bells - August 31

How many times were the words "We're getting married on August 31!" happen in the family? This is pretty cool if you think about it. There are several weddings in the family all on August 31st! Being that today is August 31st - I thought this the perfect time to share this. We had always known about my sister, parents and grandparents, but what a shock to find even another August 31st wedding in the family! Enjoy!










Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary to my sister, Nancy (Lyon) & Bob Kyte

August 31st, 1975 - Gresham, Oregon















Anniversary of my Parents, Melvin & Marjorie (Davis) Lyon

August 31st, 1952 - Ruthven, Iowa













Anniversary of my Grandparents, Willis & Eleanor (Fahl) Lyon

August 31, 1921 - Cedar Rapids, Iowa









Anniversary of my Great Great Great Grandparents Robert & Damarias (Rivers) Lyon
August 31, 1830 - Fountain County, Illinois


3 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

It is pretty hard not to remember wedding anniversaries in your family. You are so lucky to have all the photos as well. My parents and grandparents pretty much eloped!

Barbara Poole said...

Mary Jane, I had some free time and spent it with you, by reading all your blogs. Now I see, you were a June bride! Very nice articles, and I esp. like the one with the cemetery stone first showing just Hell!

Nathan Hellman said...

I think Bob needs to bring back those sideburns.